PROJECT MANAGER / SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Aclarity is a venture capital backed water technology company that designs and deploys proprietary electrochemical water treatment products to destroy harmful contaminants and protect the environment and human health. Our goal is to be the most impactful water company by delivering sustainable, cost effective, and superior water treatment solutions to the world. We are a dynamic and growing startup that values inclusiveness, hard work, and fun.
At present, Aclarity is heavily involved with research identifying optimal treatment conditions for a number of organic and inorganic compounds including (but not limited to) poly- and perfluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS), ammonia, cyanide, and nitrate. We are examining these in several different water matrices including landfill leachate, industrial waste waters, and potable water sources.
Aclarity has deployed numerous pilots and started up their first multi-reactor customer install in December 2021. We have begun expanding our product line from single anode-cathode pairs operating in batch mode to larger systems containing multiple electrode pairs and operating in different flow modes including single-pass and internal re-circulation. We are also exploring different electrode material and configurations to optimize treatment of different contaminants.
The Project Manager, Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, building, overseeing our contract manufacturer, troubleshooting, and supporting installing our systems in the field. The candidate is responsible for developing cost estimates of projects, managing to the budget and Plan, and this includes having a customer viewpoint with the customer ROI calculations in mind. The candidate will be a hands-on engineer and be creating, updating, and coordinating project schedules and managing build costs. The candidate will participate in a cross functional team environment of development and oversight of development, design, manufacturing, and deployment of related project schedules. The candidate will review drawings and design packages for accuracy and completeness, and at times may create drawings and design specifications. Due to the complexity of our products, a broad understanding or experience with the following engineering disciplines are required: electrical, mechanical, chemical, and software.
As a highly motivated individual, self-starter, with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, the candidate will work with a team of professionals to deliver products and superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from an engineering background, have project management and technical expertise, and have worked in a growing start-up company before. The candidate shall be open minded and willing to learn and grow, and align with the company’s core values.
Examples of Duties:
- Work closely with different team disciplines to develop, maintain, and manage the projects schedule; to include product development, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, final deployment, regulatory (as needed), and finance-related activities.
- Participate in regular project team meetings across multiple projects.
- Ensure that all projects are being scheduled and forecast using a consistent methodology.
- Ensure design and development methodology and design release and change management is implemented and followed.
- Support financial department to prepare spend curves and cash-flow forecasts during the projects’ lifecycle.
- Responsible for reporting schedule deliverables to the project lead and the project team.
- Assist or lead in the creation of comprehensive schedule submissions using the Project Success Method, resource, and cost loading as necessary.
- Regularly review critical path, cost loading, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints, and milestones.
- Identify activities impacting the schedule’s critical path and facilitate the identification of opportunities to accelerate completion of the work, or measures to avoid potential delays. Implement solutions to address critical path items.
- Review and select vendors/ suppliers, integrators, sub-consultants, and any other stakeholders schedule submittals and incorporate appropriate information into the schedule(s).
- Report on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
- Provide schedule analysis and metrics to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Plan and track shipment of final products according to customer/internal requirements and needs.
- Communicate with suppliers, and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
- Coordinate with external logistics personnel and understand and mitigate supply chain constraints associated with sources materials and requirements.
Perform various duties of a routine to complex nature following acceptable standards of quality and performance, requires independent judgment in determining methods of completion and managing projects and owning assignments.
Supervision received: Works under the direct supervision of the COO or their designee.
Supervision Given: Provides direction and guidance to the other staff and external partners, assisting them in completing business objectives, KPIs, and others’ their assigned work.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with 7+ years of working experience in new product development, and leading design
projects. Project coordination / new project costing / project management 4 + years of experience desired. Experience with supply chain management, being hands-on at suppliers, and managing multidisciplinary teams highly desired.
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pull samples in an industrial setting; pick up paper, files, pick up components, and other common office objects. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time. Work to be performed in a lab environment, customer sites and field sites (indoors and outdoors), therefore proper safety protocols must be followed.
This position is located in Worcester, MA or could be remote. If remote, 30-50% travel is expected. Located in Worcester 10-30% travel is expected.
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com for consideration to this position. This application will remain open until filled. For more information about the company visit us at www.aclaritywater.com
Aclarity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.