Aclarity is a venture capital backed water technology company that designs and deploys proprietary electrochemical water treatment products to destroy harmful contaminants and protect the environment and human health. Our goal is to be the most impactful water company by delivering sustainable, cost effective, and superior water treatment solutions to the world. We are a dynamic and growing startup that values inclusiveness, hard work, and fun.
Aclarity is looking for an experienced controls engineer to develop and implement the control architecture for our next generation water treatment products. This role will report to the Engineering Manager.
This position requires someone who is able to work with limited guidance and supervision while maintaining aggressive deployment goals. A good ability to interface with other engineering disciplines in a constructive professional manner is also required.
The controls engineer will design and deploy software and controls functionality. They will be responsible for a system that behaviors in accordance with the functional specification and handles and mitigates adverse events. They will be responsible for controls architecture.
As a highly motivated individual, self-starter, with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, the candidate will work with a team of professionals to deliver products and superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from an engineering background, have project management and technical expertise, and have worked in a growing start-up company before. The candidate shall be open minded and willing to learn and grow, and align with the company’s core values.
Examples of Duties
- May oversee controls projects; advice, or manage others cross functionally.
- Program and maintain our current PLC based system.
- Start the migration to an open source embedded controller.
- Work with process engineering to develop and fully document a robust and extendable controls architecture.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineering to specify sensors and communication protocols.
- Contribute to creating project plans including product development schedules and budgets.
- Resolve controls design issues arising from production operations.
- Experience with robust, real-time control of electro-mechanical industrial products using embedded micro-controllers.
- Experience interfacing with PLC systems using OPC.
- Experience with multiple types of sensors.
- Experience with RS485 and deterministic messaging protocols.
- Experience interfacing with telematics modules.
- Experience using VFD’s for sensorless control of induction motors.
- Experience with implementing physical electro-mechanical safety devices and appropriate software watchdogs.
- Experience with high current low voltage power electronics.
- Interest in A.I. and follows advancements in new technology.
- Experience working with electrical engineers to select appropriate controllers, connectors, and board layout to minimize control noise.
- Experience with adaptive and state-space control architectures.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering preferred, other Engineering degrees accepted, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related position.
- 2 years of experience with primary or sole responsibility for a deployed industrial system or significant sub-system.
- Proven ability to apply systems thinking to design problems.
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pull samples in an industrial setting; pick up paper, files, pick up components, and other common office objects. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time. Work to be performed in a lab environment, customer sites and field sites (indoors and outdoors), therefore proper safety protocols must be followed.
This position is located in Mansfield, MA as preference. For the right candidate, it could be remote. Located in Mansfield 10-20% travel is expected, to potential customer, supplier, or contract manufacturers’ sites. If remote, 30-50% travel is expected.
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com for consideration to this position. This application will remain open until filled. For more information about the company visit us at www.aclaritywater.com
Aclarity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.