Aclarity is a venture capital backed water technology company that designs and deploys proprietary electrochemical water treatment products to destroy harmful contaminants and protect the environment and human health. Our goal is to be the most impactful water company by delivering sustainable, cost effective, and superior water treatment solutions to the world. We are a dynamic and growing startup that values inclusiveness, hard work, and fun.
At present, Aclarity is heavily involved with research identifying optimal treatment conditions for a number of organic and inorganic compounds including (but not limited to) poly- and perfluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS), ammonia, cyanide, and nitrate. We are examining these in several different water matrices including landfill leachate, industrial wastewaters, and potable water sources.
Aclarity has deployed numerous pilots and started up their first multi-reactor customer install in December 2021. We have begun expanding our product line from single anode-cathode pairs operating in batch mode to larger systems containing multiple electrode pairs and operating in different flow modes including single-pass and internal recirculation. We are also exploring different electrode material and configurations to optimize treatment of different contaminants.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the equipment that is on site and also responsible for inspecting and testing deployed units to make sure that properly works and meets safety regulations. Other responsibilities are directing sub-contractors or workers on site, conduct research, monitoring activities at the assigned area, and doing quality control work and resolve onsite malfunctions following Aclarity’s standards. Creates detailed reports of the area to ensure that all requirements are being met. Responsibilities include logging issues, and design work for product commercialization and system improvement.
As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from an engineering background, be self-motivated, and bring technical expertise that can be built upon after learning more about the company’s core business.
Examples of Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the R&D team to innovate, develop, test, and analyze various electrochemical configurations from concept to manufacturing.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the Operations and Engineering team by providing updates and progress during all phases of projects.
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues.
- Supervise all activities of project and ensure compliance to design & specifications and identify any discrepancies of the design with field installation and ensure optimal working of installation personnel.
- Manage and maintain accurate field notes, maintenance notes, and maintain flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for systems.
- Oversee working of all installation personnel and inspect all materials and assist to resolve all installation and startup process and recommend improvement to all construction activities and ensure compliance to specifications and schedule and prepare progress reports.
- Prepare all project documents, schedules, and ensure compliance to all health and safety policies and participate in evaluation of systems and environmental health and safety training for other site / field personnel.
- Resolve all customer questions within required timeframe and provide assistance to all customers and monitor all proactive activities and installations of equipment.
- Work with other the Engineers to perform field testing of products and systems on first run items and provide assistance to troubleshoot and solve issues with field installations.
- Identify failure points and provide feedback to the Engineering team on the product performance.
- Initially, travel may up to 40% as part of the critical pilot team and installation team.
- Understand and follow company employee handbook and mandated safety policies.
Perform various duties of a routine to complex nature following acceptable standards of quality and performance, requires independent judgment in determining methods of completion and carrying out assignments
Supervision received: Works under technical direction of the Sr. Field Engineer, and the supervision of the COO, or their designee.
Supervision given: Provides direction and guidance to the other staff and external partners, assisting them in completing their assigned work.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Engineering degree (MEng or EE) or equivalent. At least 5 years related engineering experience as a field engineer or similar role. Well-versed in technical aspects of field projects, including machinery. OSHA 30-hour construction/general certification with specific experience in Understanding of safety guidelines and working in confined spaces is desired. Additional skill for this position are: attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, can-do attitude, analytical skills, and strong problem-solving ability. Ability to work in adverse weather, travel on weekends if needed, and occasional overtime.
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pick up paper and small office objects. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time. Work to be performed in a lab environment or industrial setting, therefore proper safety protocols must be followed.
This position can be remote. Applicant must be willing to travel to Worcester, MA on a regular (monthly) basis to meet with the team as needed.
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com for consideration to this position. This application will remain open until filled. For more information about the company visit us at www.aclaritywater.com.
Aclarity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.